A free 45 minute one to one consultation session with a Bristol City Council Education Welfare Officer at City Hall. Attendance Clinics are being offered to support attendance staff who deal with attendance and those working directly with parents whose children are not attending school regularly. These sessions are available for LA maintained primary and special schools only.
This one to one session is suitable for school staff with responsibility for school attendance. The session is school led and you will be expected to provide the relevant documentation that you wish to discuss – for example, pupil registration certificate or attendance report. Possible themes might include:
- advice about register codes and looking at data patterns & trends
- advice about attendance case recording and interventions to affect change
- casework and intervention required before considering enforcement action
- attendance plans and developing parenting contracts (PCAs)
- sanctions available where parents fail to comply or where support has failed to bring about improved attendance
- expectations and actions required before making an appropriate referral to the Education Welfare Service
The session will support the attendance lead in undertaking their role. In respect of individual case discussions then delegates will become familiar with what actions to take to ensure cases are escalated appropriately when parents fail to co-operate and/or there is no sustained improvement with attendance. In respect of attendance data discussions then delegates will have a clearer understanding about what data to monitor and data patterns and trends.
Online, e-mail email@example.com or phone 0117 9222444
EWOs in LA maintained primary and special schools only