The school office is the hub of day to day pupil data management. Using typical scenarios encountered on a regular basis, the course takes a new user through the main procedures for maintaining accurate and useful data within the school’s MIS.
COSTS 1) For Schools subscribing to the SIMS Service in the TwS Catalogue of Services: Free for 1st delegate only. £140 for each additional delegate thereafter. A Cancellation Fee of £140 will be charged for any delegate cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice, and for any delegate who does not attend. 2) For delegates who do not subscribe to the SIMS Service in the TwS Catalogue of Services: £140 per place. No refunds for places cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- finding your way around SIMS
- looking up pupil information
- making day to day adjustments to pupil details
- extending pupil details (attaching individual photos, entering traveller status, recording nationality and passport information)
- managing historical records
- adding agents and linking them to agencies
- responding to information received about pupils and contacts
- dealing with leavers
- dealing with new arrivals
- how to record exclusions
- sending a letter home
- running basic reports from SIMS.
By the end of the course you will have the basic skills necessary to use SIMS in a school office environment.