Overview of Discover for users who have never seen Discover before.
NB: The course assumes no previous knowledge of SIMS Discover. Some experience of using SIMS would be advantageous but is not essential. Configuring school-defined assessment graphs is beyond the scope of this overview course.
COSTS 1) For Schools subscribing to the SIMS Service in the TwS Catalogue of Services: Free for 1st delegate only. £75 for each additional delegate thereafter. A Cancellation Fee of £75 will be charged for any delegate cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice, and for any delegate who does not attend. 2) For delegates who do not subscribe to the SIMS Service in the TwS Catalogue of Services: £75 per place. No refunds for places cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- the relationship between Discover and SIMS
- how to create and manipulate graphs using the Discover interface
- the range and scope of the pre defined Discover graphs
- manipulating the pre defined Discover graphs
- generating Venn diagrams
- using the Discover Administration Utility to manage the transfer of SIMS data to Discover
- groups and alerts.
By the end of the course you will have had a basic introduction to Discover.