This course covers the procedures in Attendance which enable you to meet your school’s day to day statutory attendance monitoring needs. It includes configuring Attendance, preparing letters, capturing data efficiently, statutory attendance codes and extracting information through a variety of reports.
Course Requirements: An understanding of the school's attendance procedures and a familiarity with SIMS.
COSTS 1) For Schools subscribing to the SIMS Service in the TwS Catalogue of Services: Free for 1st and 2nd delegate. £60 for each additional delegate thereafter. A Cancellation Fee of £60 will be charged for any delegate cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice, and for any delegate who does not attend. 2) For delegates who do not subscribe to the SIMS Service in the TwS Catalogue of Services: £120 per place. No refunds for places cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- plan a strategy for managing the statutory attendance process
- customise SIMS Attendance to meet the particular needs of your school
- understand the potential links to other functionality in SIMS
- identify the most efficient way of collecting attendance data
- understand how to maintain that data effectively
- know how to report attendance data to help monitor attendance at a range of levels
- generate letters to parents efficiently.
By the end of the course you will be confident in your ability to maximise the utilisation and effectiveness of your SIMS.net Attendance module