This course will guide you through the basics of the designing reports process using tasks based on typical scenarios which arise daily within the school office.
NB: To attend this course, you must be familiar with the day to day use of SIMS, the range of data which is stored within the database and how that data is entered and maintained.
COSTS 1) For Schools subscribing to the SIMS Service in the TwS Catalogue of Services: Free for 1st delegate only. £140 for each additional delegate thereafter. A Cancellation Fee of £140 will be charged for any delegate cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice, and for any delegate who does not attend. 2) For delegates who do not subscribe to the SIMS Service in the TwS Catalogue of Services: £140 per place. No refunds for places cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice.
This course introduces you to the report designing process in SIMS with the objective to extract useful information from the pupil database in a variety of formats. The course will cover:
Throughout the course, tasks/activities will be related to scenarios aimed to equip you with the skills to respond to requests for pupil data needed from the software. These requests may come from sources within school or externally. This course will give you a clear understanding of how reports are produced in SIMS.
- the running of pre–defined reports
- modifying and creating reports to produce lists
- creating reports to produce mail merged documents and labels, using Word and Excel
- using analysis output exporting and importing
- using the Favourites panel on the SIMS Home Page to run favourite Reports.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- produce lists of information
- produce mail merged address labels
- produce mail merged letters
- use preview effectively
- use filtering and sorting effectively
- re–use and modify reports
- select an appropriate output format