To update current Designated Safeguarding Leads who require their two yearly update training.
A refresher course that fulfils the training requirements for Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) in schools as set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education (July 2015).
- Revisit the role and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Recap on the types of child abuse- signs, symptoms and impacts on the welfare of the child or young person.
- Understand the impact that changes in guidance and legislation have on duties of the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Have knowledge of Bristol threshold guidance and changes to services.
- Understand BSCB function and priorities.
- Develop advanced knowledge regarding current priorities in safeguarding- Domestic Abuse, Child Sexual Exploitation & Female Genital Mutilation.
- Consider the impact of the new Ofsted Common Inspection Framework and what it means in practice.
- Reflect on need for self-care and support for staff when dealing with safeguarding and child protection issues.
If maintained or academy, £105 per delegate. If independent or free school, £175 per delegate. Tea, Coffee and Biscuits provided throughout the day – lunch will not be provided.
Current DSL’s who require their two yearly update training