To update current Designated Safeguarding Leads who require their two yearly update training.
This course provides you with a chance to keep up to date with local arrangements and provides you a chance to develop your skills and knowledge as a Designated Safeguarding Lead or as a deputy.
This course will ensure that you are compliant with the education setting’s statutory duty as set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education (2019) to refresh training every 2 years.
- Refresh the role and main responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead and know about key changes in guidance and legislation
- Reflect on your effectiveness in promoting a safeguarding culture.
- Develop an awareness of topical safeguarding issues and know what to do as an education setting.
- Map the wider safeguarding/child protection system
- Reflect on the lead practitioner role using Signs of Safety and Contextual Safeguarding.
If maintained or academy, £105 per delegate. If independent or free school, £175 per delegate. Light refreshment provided – Lunch is not provided.
Please note that delegates should aim to read the 3 guidance documents attached in preparation for the course.
Current DSL’s who require their two yearly update training