This course is an introduction to using SIMS for recording Dinner and Dinner Money information. It will cover the activation of the software, the personalisation of the settings to meet the school’s own requirements, the recording of opening balances, daily meal arrangements and payments and how to run the banking routine and produce various reports and letters to parents.
Course Requirements: An understanding of how SIMS is used to maintain and update pupil information is desirable but not essential.
COSTS 1) For Schools subscribing to the SIMS Service in the TwS Catalogue of Services: Free for 1st delegate only. £140 for each additional delegate thereafter. A Cancellation Fee of £140 will be charged for any delegate cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice, and for any delegate who does not attend. 2) For delegates who do not subscribe to the SIMS Service in the TwS Catalogue of Services: £140 per place. No refunds for places cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- record all types of pupil, staff and visitor meal arrangements including special meals such as theme meals
- record all types of pupil, staff and visitor payments including electronic payments
- produce a variety of reports for different requirements such as registers, the kitchen, mid–day supervisors, pupil and staff statements
- complete the regular financial transactions
- produce a weekly catering return
- produce mail merge letters to parents.
By the end of the course you will be confident in your ability to maximise the utilisation and effectiveness of your SIMS.net Dinner Money module