Seasonal residential outdoor activity centre for schools and youth organisations operating from April to early September.
Governor Development Service
The Governor Development Service works with schools to secure highly effective governance through the provision of advice, guidance, training, support and challenge to school governors.
Safeguarding in Education
The Safeguarding in Education Team (SET) provide support, guidance and challenge to schools, services and early years settings and services within the People Directorate to ensure that children are kept safe and their welfare is promoted as required by Section 175 of the Education Act 2002 . Statutory guidance Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015) , Keeping Children Safe in Education (2015) and Bristol Safeguarding Children Board (BSCB) procedures help to inform the work of the team and any good practice guidance that is developed. The principles that underpin the Children Acts 1989 and 2004 provide a framework for our service standards:
The SET team will work closely with First Response and Early Help teams.
In addition, each Area School Safeguard Advisor will hold their own Portfolio and take a city wide lead
Domestic Abuse: Esther Lambert
Female Genital Mutilation/ Bullying: Henry Chan
Prevent and Radicalisation: Laura Gajdus
Child Sexual Exploitation: Lesley O’Hagan
E-safety will be covered across the team.
Core functions for 2015/2016:
• Embedding Safeguarding in Education Team (SET)
• Setting up a notification system to schools for Domestic Abuse incidents
• Implement statutory single agency training to schools
• Embed regular area based CPD (Continual Professional Development) networks for schools
• Deliver on Bristol Safeguard Children’s Board priorities as per 2015/16 Business plan through the education sub group, including the section 11 school annual audit.
• Support to schools in self-evaluation and planning against the Ofsted framework.
• Briefing Notes on specific issues and new guidance, publication of a Safeguarding Newsletter providing critical information and updates for schools and settings 3 times each year.
As part of Bristol Learning City, the team will:
• Champion learning for all staff working with children and young people to ensure that their welfare is both promoted and safeguarded;
• Support the workforce in schools and settings to deliver high quality safeguarding governance;
• Promote the needs of vulnerable students through inclusion and early intervention that enables them to learn, to narrow the gap in attainment and have positive outcomes.
• The team will contribute to, and support, the delivery of the Bristol Safeguarding Children’s Board strategic objectives to:
Ensure the Voice of the Child influences all that we do;
• Maintain and improve effectiveness of interagency partnerships, in the context of changes in demand, organisational change and reduced resources;
• Deliver appropriate level of assurances of the effectiveness and quality of our Multi Agency work with children and young people.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.